1. To Service and maintain air conditioning plant and ancillary equipment in a diverse range of properties. To act as an advisory service to caretakers, wardens and other persons responsible for the day to day operation of air conditioning equipment.
2. To carry out servicing to a wide range of air conditioning plant in accordance with the F Gas Regulations and manufacturers Instructions. To carry out maintenance and efficiency testing of refrigeration equipment and plant to minimise the risk of random breakdown.
3. To diagnose faults and carry out repairs to air conditioning plant in accordance with the F Gas Regulations and manufacturers Instructions.
4. Set up and commission new air conditioning equipment in accordance with the F Gas Regulations and manufacturers Instructions.
5. Complete in full all necessary work records, report sheets, service schedules etc, as required including recording and deficiencies in installations which may require remedial measures with regard to the Health and Safety at Work Act, Fire Regulations, F Gas Regulations, Asbestos Regulations and all similar legislation.
6. It should be noted that this job description is subject to occasional changes to incorporate other commensurate duties and responsibilities in response to organisational change/review and to assist flexibility. The duties outlined are not meant as an exhaustive list and will also comprise any other duties within the spirit of the post as specified by the appropriate supervisor.
1. A Flexible approach to work to accommodate Client and contractual requirements.
2. Able to plan and organise their own work.
3. Able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
4. Able to work without close supervision.
5. Able to use initiative and make decisions.
6. Able to work under pressure.
7. Able to diagnose and rectify problems to a wide range of equipment.
8. Knowledge of air conditioning air conditioning equipment and plant.
9. Working knowledge of Mechanical/Electrical Services instructions including fault diagnosis.
10. Knowledge of Gas, Electrical, Asbestos and Safety at work regulations relating to mechanical services and buildings.
11. Conversant with the use of Energy and Building Management Systems.
12. Possess a full current driving licence.