Our client is a leading global provider of datacentre hosting solutions for fTSE 100 companies and due to expansion across their portfolio they have an opening for a project manager to join the team based out of their offices in the City of London. Candidates will need to have previous PM exposure from £15 million plus.
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing the day to day activities of the various contractors and vendors in the delivery of the company’s projects.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously as required
- Ensure safety is the top priority of all project members and adhere to local health and safety legislation on beh.
- Responsible for creating and managing project schedules.
- Responsible for creating and managing project budgets.
- Responsible for project quality assurance.
- Serve as a key liaison with managers of all company departments including executive management, operations, sales and finance.
- Liaise with clients where applicable and manage both their needs and expectations.
- Ensure adherence of Project Delivery / Management Standards by all project participants on all projects.
- Responsible for Monthly Project reporting to the Director of Construction to assure that budget, schedule and scope objectives are being achieved by the project teams.
- Assist with preparation of requests for proposals to Contractors and Consultants, including detailed evaluations and recommendations.
- Brief and instruct the Project Team of their roles and responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain the Project Execution Plan for the project(s)
- Monitor the Project Team in their general performance of their services.
- Monitor the distribution of information between the Project Team and between the Project Team and third parties.
- Establish risk and opportunity management procedures and exercises including an early warning system which identifies potential risks or changes
- Ensure all project scope and risk is managed through supply chain appointments
- Liaise with the insurance advisers over the insurance requirements for the project(s)
- Assist in negotiating contracts with vendors as necessary. Review and become fully conversant with all legal contracts on the Project(s)
- Responsible for handover of Project(s) to the operations team, including the resolution of all defects
Bachelor’s degree (Engineering, Project Management, Construction Management or similar) and a minimum of ten years of related project management experience of technically complex projects required
To apply for this position you should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- Legal knowledge of design and construction terms principles and contracts
- Reasoning abilities
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, security, BMS and fire systems as well as standard practices in the design and construction industry
- Computer literacy