Our Client operates within a marketplace that is increasingly competitive. Customers can choose between a significant number of competitors delivering high quality, cost efficient alternatives. As one of a handful of global providers, they have considerable assets and capabilities, along with a significant installed customer base.
Data Centres are the heart of their business and ensuring continuity of service is crucial for our continued success. Our best-in-class operations drives customer engagement differentiating them in the marketplace.
As Facilities Manager you will be responsible for coordinating and managing the technical, telecom, security, mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) systems and operations of the data centre.
· Oversee all building systems and critical facilities equipment and other equipment associated with the raised floor environment including fire/life safety, plumbing, mechanical, bonding, interduct, wire ways, and electrical systems and equipment.
· Plan, implement, coordinate and supervise all mechanical/electrical operations, maintenance, and energy management programs for a critical facilities environment.
· Maintain cost effective and efficient operation of all building systems.
· Manage, direct, and coordinate the activities of contracted personnel or third parties who are providing services or performing work within the assigned property.
· Oversee scheduling of preventive maintenance, contracted maintenance, and general maintenance with minimum disruption of building services.
· Coordinate the input and output of the preventive maintenance system and review the status on a monthly basis.
· Recommend/implement improvements to the preventive maintenance program on an on-going basis. Devise technical enhancements to improve various aspects of building operations.
· Maintain lighting in all areas of the building.
· Understand the engineering design and operational aspect of each building system.
· Monitor all allocations of building system capabilities to various base building and tenant needs.
· Act as primary technical resource for Building Engineers, Property Management and various DLR groups.
· Evaluate, assign and monitor the safe work responsibilities and capabilities of employees and contractors; ensure adherence to safety requirements and prescribed procedures.
· Ensure compliance with all safety procedures as well as utilisation of protective equipment.
· Coordinate maintenance efforts with outside contractors, tenant and engineers.
· Maintain ongoing communication with tenants, owners, property management and vendors.
· Coordinate development of and/or maintain as-built drawings.
· Respond quickly to emergency situations (i.e. fire, evacuation, equipment failure etc.) and customer concerns.
· Implement and administer inventory control programs/purchase parts and supplies.
· Ensure compliance with applicable legislation, requisitions, government agencies and DLR directives as relates to building operations.
· SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
· Supervise Building Engineering staff including hiring process, training, and personnel development.
· Electrical engineering Qualification (Current AP certification desirable)
· Extremely collaborative leader with ability to be flexible and decisive when managing crisis situations
· Cultural fit is crucial; motivated to work at a company that focuses on mission critical customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success
· Demonstrate ability to live the Company values: Customers, Excellence, Talent, Success, Teamwork
· Extensive experience managing 24/7 shift rotations
· Previous experience dealing with critical crisis situations
· Previous experience on structuring policies and procedures
· Excellent organisation skills and experience with implementing and monitoring operations procedures in a 24/7 customer facing organisation
· Sound problem solving skills
· Exceptional interpersonal, team building, and facilitation skills required. Ability to effectively communicate and interact across diverse audiences
· Strong sense of urgency is required
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for interactions with all levels of management and with external constituents
Our client is offering a salary of £70K plus various benefits, please contact Paul Stephens on 07960 584 621 firstname.lastname@example.org or Rebecca Scales on 07811 384 024 or email@example.com