Working with the Retail finance team, your objective will be to deliver an improved process for budgeting and forecasting whilst ensuring that process and timeline is set up to allow for effective bottoms up and tops down inputs and triangulation. You will work to improve the quality and timeliness of consolidated Retail reporting, track KPIs and execute controls that span across the business. Along with these aspects there will also be the need to help deliver the month end close for the Commercial and Regulation Finance team, support internal and external audit activities as required and ensure accurate recording of transactions for tax purposes. Your Skills and Experience We are looking for you to join us as a fully qualified accountant (e.g. CIMA, ACCA, ACA, or CPA) with experience working in a comparative organisation. You will have excellent knowledge of core financial systems, general accounting procedures and an awareness of current regulations including IFRS / New UK GAAP and Companies Acts would be an advantage. You will be able to work well in a team and alone and will thrive on delivering high quality work to tight deadlines. You will work well in a changing environment and have the ability to produce new reports and associated financial controls to suit an evolving business. Benefits We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here’s a few highlights; – Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays) – Great share plans – Group Pension Plan – One day paid volunteering – Tailored internal development opportunities
Reading Reading Reading Reading , England England England England , United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom
GBP£55,000£0 - £0
2 weeks ago
As a Construction and Civil Engineering company we have projects, big and small, based all over the UK. Finish university and start your career for real, as you...
United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom
3 weeks ago
1. To Service and maintain air conditioning plant and ancillary equipment in a diverse range of properties. To act as an advisory service to caretakers, wardens and other persons responsible for the day to day operation of air conditioning equipment. 2. To carry out servicing to a wide range of air conditioning plant in accordance with the F Gas Regulations and manufacturers Instructions. To carry out maintenance and efficiency testing of refrigeration equipment and plant to minimise the risk of random breakdown. 3. To diagnose faults and carry out repairs to air conditioning plant in accordance with the F Gas Regulations and manufacturers Instructions. 4. Set up and commission new air conditioning equipment in accordance with the F Gas Regulations and manufacturers Instructions. 5. Complete in full all necessary work records, report sheets, service schedules etc, as required including recording and deficiencies in installations which may require remedial measures with regard to the Health and Safety at Work Act, Fire Regulations, F Gas Regulations, Asbestos Regulations and all similar legislation. 6. It should be noted that this job description is subject to occasional changes to incorporate other commensurate duties and responsibilities in response to organisational change/review and to assist flexibility. The duties outlined are not meant as an exhaustive list and will also comprise any other duties within the spirit of the post as specified by the appropriate supervisor. EMPLOYEE SPECIFICATION 1. A Flexible approach to work to accommodate Client and contractual requirements. 2. Able to plan and organise their own work. 3. Able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people. 4. Able to work without close supervision. 5. Able to use initiative and make decisions. 6. Able to work under pressure. 7. Able to diagnose and rectify problems to a wide range of equipment. 8. Knowledge of air conditioning air conditioning equipment and plant. 9. Working knowledge of Mechanical/Electrical Services instructions including fault diagnosis. 10. Knowledge of Gas, Electrical, Asbestos and Safety at work regulations relating to mechanical services and buildings. 11. Conversant with the use of Energy and Building Management Systems. 12. Possess a full current driving licence.
South London South London South London South London
1 month ago
A Contract Supervisor is required to oversee the M&E delivery, managing a team of 11 on a large site in South London Key Responsibilities include: Ensure that Planned Preventative Maintenance is carried out in line with task schedules and industry best practices, to ensure the team are fully compliant and follow industry best practices. Ensure compliance and Health and Safety across contract portfolio and report back to senior management. Coach individual team members increasing their skillset with effective and appropriate training. Assist with the completion of client reports, and participate in client meetings. Establish and maintain a good working relationship with all company employees and clients’ representatives. Maintain the professional image of company at all times, and promote the business’ services. Work with Contract Support team to monitor quotations, WIP and Debt across the contract portfolio. Work closely with senior management to ensure contract P&L follows plan. Ensure that engineering subcontractors are appropriately supervised, and comply with contractual commitments, and site operating processes. Promote and maintain the core Values of the company & the client. Ensure that engineering subcontractors are appropriately supervised, and comply with contractual commitments, and site operating processes. Responsible for new site costings, mobilisation and subcontractor negotiation’s To oversee the management of the on-site CAFM systems and ensure all PPM and reactive tasks are completed within SLA. Receiving client issues and resolving these issues effectively without disruption to business or compromising client relationships. Daily client interaction including participating in meetings. Participate in manning the call out phone every other week. Applicants for the role must possess the following: Fully electrically or mechanically qualified to C&G Level 3 Experience of working around Mechanical and Electrical plant. Excellent communication skills Experience of managing staff (desirable) Strong compliance and health and safety understanding/awareness Driving Licence Smart, presentable appearance Personable and approachable Benefits include: Competitive salary (£38k – £40 including callout) 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
South London South London South London South London
1 month ago
Or Client is a leading service provider and they currently have a great opportunity for an electrically biased engineer to join a small and friendly team on a very prestigious and well known public building in the heart of London. The shifts are 5 on – 5 off, 4 on – 4 off days and nights, which means you get 2 weekends off a month. The day-to-day responsibilities include electrical Fault-finding, Single & Three Phase Power, Emergency Lighting, Fire Alarms, BMS Operation, Air Handling units, , fan coil units, Motors, Pumps etc Qualifications: City & Guilds electrical 1, 2, 3 17th Edition Plenty of Overtime available Maintenance electrician not installation electrician. 20 Day holiday Driving licence needed Needs a head for heights IPAF licence would be nice.
London London London London
1 month ago
Our client is a medium size family business that is growing at a fast rate and due to this growth they have requirements for 2 x Multiskilled HVAC and Combustion Engineers to join the company. They are looking for Engineers that have experience of maintaining commercial boilers and air conditioning plant that is associated with commercial offices. Ideally the candidates will reside in North West London, where a number of sites are located, you will also be required to cover additional sites in Oxford and the West Midlands. These roles offer a starting salary of £41K plus an additional £10K in travel time, door to door, plenty of overtime, fuel card, Vauxhall Vivaro, laptop, company credit card, call out 1 in 7 Mon-Fri days.
- Bonus package based on pro-active job completion
- Overtime available
- Pension option
- Employee recognition scheme
- In-house and extra qualification training available
- Vehicle can be used for personal use (if declared
- Detailed description:
- To provide heating, gas & HVAC engineering support to large scale commercial, retail, social housing, educational, public houses, catering and government facilities.
- complete PPM and reactive maintenance to boilers, burners, pumps and valves, gas feeds, hot water systems, water flow and return, venting, heating controllers, wet plumbing including radiators, pipework, tanks and cylinders flow and return etc…plus some HVAC plant and general building services maintenance.
- Qualified Heating/Combustion Engineer with Commercial ACS
- Domestic ACS
- HVAC, Mechanical or Electrical tickets
- Ideally LPG
- Experience of service and maintenance operations across mobile contracts
- Electrical knowledge or 17th edition is desirable but not essential experience of Building Services (HVAC industry) – willingness to travel and operate on helpdesk controlled contracts
North West London North West London North West London North West London
1 month ago