If you would find working in a school / colledge environment rewarding we need to talk!!
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Facilities Manager to become an integral member of this dynamic, forward thinking academy.
Do you have:
- An open mind
- A willingness to look at situations afresh and to be open to doing things differently
- Drive to achieve results through a logical and systematic approach
- Ability to work out of hours i.e. committee meetings
- An interest in education and schools
As the Facilities Manager and a member of the Senior Leadership Team to contribute to realising the Academy's vision and strategic goals. To have overall management responsibility of the Academy's estates, building, IT, cleaning and catering services. This includes the development and effective operation of systems and services within these areas and their compliance with national and local legislation, guidelines and requirements.
The role of the Facilities Manager is to:
- Providing professional leadership and management of academy support staff, to enhance their effectiveness in order to raise standards and achievement
- To have delegated responsibility for all health and safety matters related to the Academy's sites.
- To promote the highest standards of business ethos and strategically ensuring the most effective use of resources in support of the academy's learning objectives.
- In partnership with the Business Manager to lead on the Academy's risk management planning.
- To prepare, maintain and when necessary implement the Academy's Emergency Management Plan.
- To be responsible for security of the Academy's buildings and sites.
- To establish, oversee and ensure the Academy carries out efficiently its planned preventative maintenance programmes.
- To establish, oversee the Academy's arrangements for providing its catering and cleaning services and the support and maintenance of its IT systems, ensuring that these services meet the standards set by the Academy and that in doing so value for money is achieved.
You will ideally have
- A Degree or equivalent professional qualification in Engineering/Building/Facilities Management
- A Diploma in Management Studies or equivalent management qualification eg BIFM level 5
- Membership of a relevant Professional Institution eg ICE, CIOB or ILAM
- Five years post qualification in the field of facilities management.
- Experience as a front line manager of a team delivering Facilities Management services (essential)
- Experience as a middle manager, that is, of managing front line managers of teams delivering FM services n(desirable)
- Experience of managing contractors and others who provide services to the Academy.
GBP55000£50,000 - £55,000
2 weeks ago